Re: Moment Frame Algorithms??

I analyze single-bay symmetrical moment frames by a moment distribution
method developed by N. Naylor.  Its a method that does not require a second
side-sway step.  I've built a spreadsheet moment distribution for the method
so that I can enter the FEM's and appropriate carry-over and side-sway
factors.

If this sounds useful, let me know and I'll FAX the procedure to you.  I'll
send you pages from "Steel Designers Manual", second edition by Gray, Kent,
Mitchell, Godfrey, published 1960 by Fredrick Ungar Publishing Co, New York.

Nels Roselund
Structural Engineer