Re: Structural fee for planetarium

That is quite a bit off the mark for fees around here.  A ballpark fee
would be 1/5 of the Architects fee, or as a general rule between 1% to
2% of the TOTAL construction cost.

As I have always told people before when asked this questions, you
should get as much as you possibly can for the work.  In our office we
have different price structures for different clients.  The same
building would command a different fee, depending on the client.  City,
State, Federal, developer, schools, hospitals, etc., will all be willing
to pay different amounts for the same product.  Some agencies, such as
DSA and OSHPD will demand more from a set of structural drawings, and
therefore a higher fee is in order.  Know your client, and know how much
they would be willing to pay.  As a protector of the free market system,
it is your JOB to get as much as you can!  That is what makes our system
work.

Good Luck.

Lynn