Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Structural fee for planetarium[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Re: Structural fee for planetarium
- From: "c2" <jimmycccccc(--nospam--at)email.msn.com>
- Date: Sat, 21 Aug 1999 16:32:53 -0500
<< 1% is way too little for the type of project was explained. 2% of
the construction coast is more like it since you must do the structural
drafting in your office for better control. >>
If you are charging an extra 1 percent of the *total* project cost for structural drafting, you are just plain robbing your clients. Current cost for preparation of structural shop drawings is about five to seven percent of the *total* cost of the fabricated and delivered structural steel only. This preparation would be under the direct supervision of a licensed PE. I wonder how one would prepare shop shop drawings, ". . . .in accordance with shop and drafting room standards of the fabricator." (AISC Code of Standard Practice 4.3) when the fabricator would be an unknown at bid time ?
- Prev by Subject: RE: Structural fee for planetarium
- Next by Subject: Re: Structural fee for planetarium
- Previous by thread: Re: Structural fee for planetarium
- Next by thread: Re: Structural fee for planetarium