Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: Moment Frame Algorithms??[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: Moment Frame Algorithms??
- From: Harold Sprague <harold.sprague(--nospam--at)neenan.com>
- Date: Sun, 22 Aug 1999 18:21:12 -0600
Bill, There is one other good source of simple rigid frame solutions. It took a lot of air to blow the dust off this one. "Single Span Rigid Frames in Steel" by John Griffiths. Published by AISC (Charlie Carter can easily dig this one out and post it.... maybe), copyright 1948 (pre computer - post abacus). My copy was a more recent reprinted vintage, July 1960. Regards, Harold Sprague The Neenan Company -----Original Message----- From: Bill Allen [mailto:Bill(--nospam--at)AllenDesigns.com] Sent: Friday, August 20, 1999 12:40 PM To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org Subject: Moment Frame Algorithms?? I need to analyze a single bay moment frame. This problem is soooo simple and straightforward, I do not want to build a model in STAAD (or whatever) just to do this. I should be able to (if I had the algorithms) to create a spreadsheet and enter loads and the geometry such as height of frame, width of frame, Ic and Ib. Does anyone know of a GOOD source of such algorithms? Don't tell me Roark because it leaves out a LOT (still have to do development - it only solves for the unknowns) or Kleinlogel (out of print and I wasn't smart enough to snag my mentor's before he retired). TIA, Bill Allen, S.E. ALLEN DESIGNS Laguna Niguel, CA
- Prev by Subject: RE: Moment Frame Algorithms??
- Next by Subject: Re: Moment Frame Algorithms??
- Previous by thread: Re: Moment Frame Algorithms??
- Next by thread: Re: Moment Frame Algorithms??