RE: Lap Splices for Restoration Projects

Jim,

Just a thought, you might want to consider a mechanical connector if you
have sufficient cover.  Barsplice Products, Inc., makes "crimp-on"
mechanical connectors that develop the required ACI tensile load.  It seems
that if you lessen the amount of concrete to remove (to obtain the bar
splice) plus you wouldn't have to go through the hassle of welding.  Here's
some more info if you're interested.

Barsplice Products, Inc.
1875 Radio Road
Dayton, OH 45431