Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Lap Splices for Restoration Projects[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Lap Splices for Restoration Projects
- From: "Martin W. Johnson" <MWJ(--nospam--at)eqe.com>
- Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 15:05:50 -0700
You might look into some of the CalTrans research on strengthening of existing lap splices. In many instances, improving the confinement of the cover over the rebar, such as by adding a steel jacket or with fiber-wrapping, will be sufficient to provide adequate development. Otherwise, my opinion would be to go into the column and weld the splices. I would make a pair of welds at some distance apart, so that the eccentricity of the offset between the bars will have less of a straightening effect when the bars stretch in tension.
- Prev by Subject: RE: Lap Splices for Restoration Projects
- Next by Subject: Large Round Hollow Steel Sections
- Previous by thread: RE: Lap Splices for Restoration Projects
- Next by thread: Near Source Zones Map (ICBO)