RE: basement wall restrained by wood floor

That's what I do. It's easier to specify construction sequence than try to
build the wood floor to take the compressive forces. I design the basement
wall as a cantilevered wall then require the contractor to backfill and
compact prior to installing the floor framing. At that point, minimal axial
forces should be transmitted to the floor framing outside of the live load
surcharge and Mononobe-Okobe (sp?) E/Q forces, of course.

Regards,

Bill Allen, S.E.
ALLEN DESIGNS
Laguna Niguel, CA