Re: RE: RE: basement wall restrained by wood floor

I apologize for the term not correct and I also agree that special considerations should be made for an 80 foot by 40 foot basement such as designing it as a cantilevered retaining wall.  I am only suggesting that they are more economical ways to design an 8 foot high basement foundation than to place a plus or minus 5 foot wide continuous footing below it.  Such as installing counterbores at 24 to 30 foot intervals around the exterior of the building.

David A. Hall, S.E., P.E.
Senior Structural Engineer
David Evans and Associates, Inc.
2828 SW Corbett Ave