Need some advise on Rigid Diaprhagm Analysis Results

Subj:   HELP - Rigid Diaphragm Analysis - need advice.
Date:   8/25/99 3:15:18 PM Pacific Daylight Time
From:   <A HREF="mailto:Seaintonln";>Seaintonln</A>
To: <A HREF="mailto:seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org">seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org</A>

I just completed a fairly simple (but irregular) 4000 square foot single
story wood framed residence. The flexible diaphragm analysis yielded
predictable results that were no surprise.

I compared the results of walls to the rigid (torsion) analysis and came up
with values that are unreasonably high. One line of shear yielded a capacity
of 3,595#  from the flexible analysis and 13,108# from the Rigid Analysis.
All other walls appear to be relativly close to the flexible results except
this one. 10,267 pounds of it were due to torsion. The diaphragm is only 50
feet deep and the wall is about six feet from the back wall of the garage and
then 29 feet to the next line of shear. In the three lines of shear, the
walls are all about the same length and the same capcity or stiffness based
on the flexible analysis.

I don't trust these results. Is there any shortcut check that I can apply to
verify the results?  Can anyone offer any suggestions or advise me as the
best way to circumvent the potential problem of the plan reviewer
interpreting my results and making me comply with a result I don't feel is
adequate.

The wall is 12 feet long and 10 feet high. There are no cutouts in the
diaphragm which is essentially 110 feet wide by 40 feet deep (with some jogs
to reduce the area of the diaphragm to 4000 square feet).

Help!!!!!

Dennis S. Wish PE