RE: PE Review Materials

Hello:

There are two major books in the market for the PE:
1.  PPI (professional publications):  they have an excellent web site and
message board where you can get to discuss things with other engineers
taking the test plus the author and a couple of people from the state
boards.  The address is http://www.ppi2pass.com  I would recommend the books
from them and they are not that expensive.  Get the CERM (CE ref manual),
solution set and 101 questions.

2.  CV chelapati publishes a set of 6 manuals and also offers class in the
southern calif. area.  they are expensive (about 400), thick because of big
fonts and in some ways good also.  they are at http://www.pedp.com

I used the above two books and they helped me pass the exam on the first
try.

Just these manuals will never be sufficient, get your reference books out
from college.

Check out your local library for ASCE video tapes and audio tapes by
PPI is good if you commute a lot.

Aswin