Re: BOCA, exposed concrete 4,500psi

Here in Maryland our local codes fokes want us to use 4,500 psi concrete for
all non-residential exterior concrete, sidewalks in particular because we use
deicing chemicals (salt),  BOCA section1907.1 appears to support this as well
as ACI table 4.2.2.

Are we all specifying this or is there a "get around" for this or I am
missing something altogether, at best I would consider 4500 psi for marine
use.

Jeff Fertich, PE