From: Bill Polhemus [mailto:polhemus(--nospam--at)insync.net]
Sent: Thursday, August 26, 1999 12:53 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: BOCA, exposed concrete 4,500psi

I think it would be interesting for you to note what the actual concrete
strengths are that you're getting on your job.

My experience here in Texas is that you'd have to "go some" to get less
than
4800-5000 psi concrete, even if 4000 is specified. I have specified up
9500 psi before with scarcely a murmur from concrete suppliers. If you
specify 4500 psi, the suppliers say "comin' right up!" (with Texas
drawl, of
course).

Besides, I would think concrete chemistry would have much more to do
with
imperviousness to chemical attack viz. from deicing salts than simply
the
specified strength.