Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Required wall attachment to a flexible diaphragm.[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "Seaint@Seaint. Org" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Required wall attachment to a flexible diaphragm.
- From: "From the desk of Joe Otto" <jmo_engineering(--nospam--at)email.msn.com>
- Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 14:35:53 -0700
The 1997 UBC Section 16188.8.131.52.1 indicates the values for Rp and Ap of 3.0 and 1.5 respectively should be used for elements of the wall anchorage system. What are the components of the wall anchorage system that these values apply to? Is it the attachment of the wall to the diaphragm. Or does this also include the subdiaphragms and cross-ties? if hx = hr ==> Fp = ap*Ca*Ip/Rp*(4Wp) = 1.5 * (.44*1.2) * 1.0 / 3 * 4 * Wp = 1.06Wp This seems high to me. If anyone could take the time to clarify/confirm this, it would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Joseph M. Otto, PE Ireland Engineering Fremont, CA
- Prev by Subject: request spread sheet form dennis please
- Next by Subject: Re: Required wall attachment to a flexible diaphragm.
- Previous by thread: RE: Table 16-O - Horizontal Force Factors, ap and Rp
- Next by thread: Re: Required wall attachment to a flexible diaphragm.