RE: Required wall attachment to a flexible diaphragm.

Note that the forces in wood members will need to be reduced by a factor of
1.4 for WSD and the 1/3 increase is allowed.  The idea was to keep the
overstrength factor equal to about 2.0 for all materials, i.e., steel,
wood, concrete and masonry etc.

Gerard Madden <GerardM(--nospam--at)crjarch.com> on 08/26/99 03:00:09 PM