Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Concrete below base[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Concrete below base
- From: jwalsh(--nospam--at)saii.com
- Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 19:53:38 -0500
We are designing a steel special concentric braced frame, 3 stories, in seismic zone 4 with rectangular concrete footings below the braced bays. Section 19126.96.36.199 appears to require that concrete footings and tie beams be designed for ductile behavior per section 1921. This means lap splices, closely spaced ties throughout, maximum footing width per 19188.8.131.52, etc. as per flexural members of concrete frames. Is this correct or are we missing something?
- Prev by Subject: RE: Conc Spec Question
- Next by Subject: Re: Concrete below base
- Previous by thread: Re: Required wall attachment to a flexible diaphragm.
- Next by thread: Re: Concrete below base