Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Plywood shear wall grade beam[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Plywood shear wall grade beam
- From: Cheng Ming Chu <cchu(--nospam--at)earthlink.net>
- Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 00:55:45 -0700
Hi there: One of our residential wood frame project is being requested to design the plywood shear wall grade beams per ACI 318 Chapter 21/UBC Section 1921 by the peer review engineer. That means we will have to add ties in the grade beams in addition to tension steel to meet the ductile requirements of the code. Is it really necessary to comply to the Chapter 21 in this case? Or can I overdesign the grade beams to have 3 to 4 times shear and moment capacity than what is needed to avoid the ties?
- Prev by Subject: Re: Plwd: Rigid Diaphragm Analysis - Opinions Wanted
- Next by Subject: Re: Plywood shear wall grade beam
- Previous by thread: Re: presentation on Turkey earthquake in Santa Barbara in Sept.
- Next by thread: Plywood shear wall grade beam -Reply