Re: rebar from 1971

If my memory serves me correctly, we were using Grade 60 in the U.S. at
that time. Many engineers, however,  were still using specifying Grade
40 for stirrups and ties because of the cracking problems in the Grade
60 bars bent at a sharp radius. I believe ACI and CRSI later changed the
bend radius and the mill tolerances of the grade 60 bars to solve this
problem.

I have no documentation of this. Perhaps CRSI does.

Jim Kestner, P.E.
Green Bay, Wi.