Re: presentation on Turkey earthquake in Santa Barbara in Sept.

Dear Mr. Harris:

I am greteful to have been selected as a recipient of Nabih Yousef Award.

I just spoke with your secretary, and she gave me a confirmation nunmber
which I
would not know how to use it. Could you tell me if the money can be used for
the conference registeration and stay in another hotel (of a lower rate)
rather than using it for the conference hotel.

Also, I would appreciate it if you could let me know of the general format
for the poster.

Look forward to seeing you again.

Sincerely,

Majid Sarraf

At 11:08 PM 8/26/1999 EDT, you wrote:
>     Due to the late developments in Turkey we are planning to have a
>presentation from some SEAOC members who are there now , at the SEAOC
>convention in Santa Barbara next month. The technical presentations had been
>finalized June 1 ( this is currently displayed on the web site :
>www.seaint.org )so we are trying to fit the presentation into the appropriate
>time. I would appreciate hearing from members planning to attend if they
>think this should be fit into the 30 minute time slot like the other paper
>presentations or 1 hour , or longer. I have had several offers so we could
>probably have our members who were there talk as long as desired. While it is
>extremely interesting it is very difficult this late in the preparations (
>which started over a year ago ) to make more than a 30 minute space since we
>already have 31 speakers, but if i get feedback that more time is important ,
>from enough people, we will try to add more time.The proceedings and program
>have already gone to print.
>Please post your opinions on the amount of time that would be appropriate.
>
>Thanks in advance
>
>Tom Harris
>convention technical program chair

              ~      ~           ~ ___
                       [_________]-|__)
              __________OO______O__O_O___________________________
                  |==========================================|
                   \               Majid Sarraf             /
                    \       Ph.D Candidate/Lecturer        /
                     \   Department of Civil Engineering  /
                      |        University of Ottawa      |
                      |           Ottawa, Ontario        |
                      |            Canada K1N 6N5        |