Re: Radiant heat/conc. floor

No personal knoeledge of design, however all the houses built by Joseph
Eichler in Walnut Creek, CA . contained radiant heat systems in their
concrete slabs which were  on grade.  We lived in one for 10 years and never
experienced any problems.  Some of the  houses did, however, due to faulty
construction-the  workmen when pouring the concrete slab apparently did not
use "dobies" under the pipes, and as a result there was no cover under the
copper pipes-they just lay on the adobe soils and eventually corroded through
and leaked.
Wonderful heating system, though.
If you call me personally , I will try to get some more details for you,
bearing in mind that this occured some some forty years ago.
Tom Coull PE          (TBCoull(--nospam--at)aol.com)
654 Banyan Lane
Walnut Creek, CA 94598
925-935-2995