Re: inquiry

Further to Greg's reply.

There are a couple of excellent resources. They are:
1) Building with Logs by B. Allan Mackie
2) 2 article in Canadian Log House
    Roof Support Systems by B.Allen Mackie & Norman Reid
Canadian Log House Spring of 1976 & Spring 1977.

Address is:
Canadian Log House
Box 1205
Prince George, British Columbia
Canada
V2L 4V3
Allan Mackie's book is quite well known & readily available in most book
stores. One source is Crown Publications in Victoria at (250) 386-4636 or
fax (250) 386-0221
The two articles may be obtained directly from B. Allan Mackie in Prince
George or through a library loan.
If you have difficulty getting these article send me a fax & I can fax my
copy although it has deteriorated with age. These two articles are
excellent.

From Gerry Buydens, P.Eng

Thor A Tandy P.Eng, MCSCE
Victoria BC