Clipped Nails

In the past I have encountered existing plywood diaphragms with what I
would describe as clipped nail heads (nail heads with one edge clipped,
used in nail guns).  I have never had a situation where I thought the
diaphragm
shears were so high that I was overly concerned.   Recently I encountered
another diaphragm with such nail heads.

I have a couple of questions.

Does anyone know what time period these heads were commonly used?

Has anyone encountered literature indicating an appropriate reduction in
capacity for such nail heads (presumably the nail heads can pull through
the plywood at a substantially reduced load)?