Sect 1632 Elements, Nonstructural Components & equip

I'm working on the anchorage of a prefabricated "walk in" safe in So Calif
and have considered it a nonstructural component of the building, much like
a piece of equipment.  It is self supporting for vertical loads, and does
not support any aspects of the building it is housed in.

When determining the total design force (Fp)and using eq 32-1 of the 97 UBC
I get a substanially higher factor than using the comparable equation from
earlier codes.  The 97 code specifies Fp=4.0*Ca*Ip*Wp

Assuming a soil type of Sd and a seismic source type of A and a Near source
factor of 1.5, I end up with 4.0*.44*1.5*1.0*Wp or 2.64*Fp  This seems so
much higher than the older equation of ZICpWp which results in .8Wp at a
worse case senerio.

Have I missed something here?  Are we really to anchor equipment now for
forces more than 3 times what the earlier codes required?

Steve Privett