Bridge Deck Coating

I have an existing steel suspension walkway bridge with a steel pan walkway deck that needs a new wearing surface (other than concrete or asphalt).  Before stepping into past products and methods I would like to hear of any suggestions for a surface coating and paint specification that others may be using or new products that may be available.  The Bridge is in St. Albert, Alberta, Canada and exposed to extreme temperatures = & -.

Bruce Davison, P.Eng.
RND Engineering Ltd.