A Good Masonry Design Book

Ed,

You *don't* want to do unreinforced masonry design, no matter how the numbers
come out!

But, if you *really* just want to know about unreinforced masonry design, any
concrete book covering unreinforced concrete will tell you all you need to
know.  Big differences:  Area and Inertia/Section Modulus are based on mortar
contact area, rather than on gross section (assuming that unreinforced
concrete is not a hollow section).

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona

Ed Fasula wrote:

>>Drysdale was a co-author of Masonry Structures.  Is this *the* book to get
aquatinted with masonry design with?  It's the only one I have had
recommended to me.  I have Reinforced Masonry Engineering Handbook by the
MIA, and 1997 Design of Reinforced Masonry Structures, but I'd like a book
that covers unreinforced masonry design, and introduces the broad scope of
masonry engineering.<<