Re: Bridge Deck Coating

Bruce,

By "steel pan", do you mean "steel orthotropic deck"?

If so, may I suggest you use a "Bonded-Aggregate Wearing Surface".   Check out
the following products/manufacturers:

"FLEXOLITH" Polymer Concrete Bridge Deck Overlay
by Tamms Industries
7405 Production Drive
Mentor, OH 44060
216-974-2399
800-862-2667
FAX: 216-974-2388

or

"BIMAGRIP"     by Bimark Maintenance Systems   (Can't find their catalog)

We are specifying its use for the roadway portion of the new steel orthotropic
deck on the Triborough Suspension Bridge in New York City.  The surface will be
3/8" (9.5 mm) thick and will reduce the dead load on the structure
significantly.  You can get a generic spec from the manufacturer or I have one
if you need it.

Hector

"E.B.Davison, P.Eng." <rndeng(--nospam--at)planet.eon.net> on 09/01/99 11:36:04 AM