Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Can GWB and plywd diaphragms be combined?[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Can GWB and plywd diaphragms be combined?
- From: Darrell Hambley <dth(--nospam--at)red.primextech.com>
- Date: Wed, 01 Sep 1999 14:17:36 -0700
For a 2-story residential I have a beam supporting a floor, part of a roof and walls. On one side of the beam is a 3/4 T&G floor ending at an ext wall. On the other side of the beam is a 1/2" GWB ceiling which ends at the opposite exterior wall. I would like to proportion the seismic shear based on the relative stiffness of plywood vs gwb. 1. Is this allowed? 2. I'm having trouble finding a table or paragraph in 97UBC for the stiffness of each. Does the 97UBC have such a table or equation? Thank you in advance for your help. Darrell Hambley, PE
- Prev by Subject: Re: Cambering Beams
- Next by Subject: Cantilever Columns
- Previous by thread: SEAOSC Dinner Meeting Sept 8
- Next by thread: Blow-off '97 UBC Drift Limit?