Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Blow-off '97 UBC Drift Limit?[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "'Seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'" <Seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Blow-off '97 UBC Drift Limit?
- From: "George Richards, P.E." <george(--nospam--at)BORM.com>
- Date: Wed, 1 Sep 1999 14:57:30 -0700
We are designing a hypothetical two story wood frame structure with plywood shear walls. Can some one help us conceptualize where excessive drift can effect life safety? Is it reasonable to blow-off the drift limitations given in the code in accordance with 1997 UBC section 1630.10.2 exception 1? Thank you for you thoughts, George Richards
- Prev by Subject: Block fences (Was: Seismic Design of)
- Next by Subject: Blue book and commentary
- Previous by thread: Can GWB and plywd diaphragms be combined?
- Next by thread: SEAOC Convention News