Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: UBC 97, Equipment or Non-building Struct... Sects. 1612, 1632 and 1634[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: UBC 97, Equipment or Non-building Struct... Sects. 1612, 1632 and 1634
- From: ShirishM(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 01:38:07 EDT
For a Non building structure - say flexible equipment. I need clarification or better understanding for the following: Per definitions in section 1630, for E and Eh (V and Fp) when used in accordance with section 1612.3 (ASD), the seismic values are to be divided by 1.4 for Static Base Shear (Equations 30-4,5,6,7) and for Lateral force on elements.....per section 1632 (Equations 32-1,2,3). For Non-Building structures, per section 1634 (Equations 34-1,2,3), is one supposed to divide the seismic value(V) by 1.4 for ASD? Yet, there is a reference to section 1630. I couldn't find any language for section 1634, that states that V can be reduced per definition when used with ASD equations. Any comments will be appreciated. This is in relation to the previous thread of Section 1632. Shirish V. Mistry, S.E.
- Prev by Subject: RE: UBC 94/ Section 2211.5.1/ Column Strength
- Next by Subject: UBC italicizing
- Previous by thread: Re: Repair of Damged Concrete
- Next by thread: Anchor bolts project too far