Re: Repair of Damged Concrete

In a message dated 9/1/1999 8:37:06 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
bobfennema(--nospam--at)home.com writes:

<< I am working a similar problem where a three story tall concrete moment
 frame at the end of an oceanfront home has corrosion of reinforcing
 steel causing cracking of the concrete.  It appears that some of the
 steel will be usable but much will have to replaced. The frame is also
 under designed and under built. I am looking for articles or other
 references about repairs of this type of problem. Am thinking about
 shotcrete over new steel but have never use it in this application.

 Any leads or tips would be appreciated.

 Bob Fennema
 619-697-4005
 619-697-8648 FAX

You may want to contact Fibrewrap in San Diego.  They have done composite
wraps of beach front piles and concrete moment frames (fiberglass, carbon
fiber).  This may be an economical solution for part of the problem, but you
still need to get rid of as much rust as possible.

Michael Cochran S.E.