Threshhold For Structural Engineering

Randy,

I would give you Arizona's requirements (**anything** prepared by a
registrant that reflects the learned "opinion" of the registrant, including
letters, **must** have the **original** sealed) but, then ---- there are the
exceptions.

I would suggest that you go to the Arizona Board of Technical Registration
web site (www.btr.state.az.us) and look at the statutes (32-141 thru 32-144)
and rules (R30-304).

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona

Randy Russ wrote:

>>The Louisiana Board is drafting policy to define minimum threshholds of
construction before an engineer's seal is required. I was asked about what
should be a minimum threshhold for structural engineering.

What are other states doing? What is the minimum threshhold before a
structural engineer gets involved? Is it based on type of construction, span,
etc.?

I appreciate your input.

Randy Russ, P.E.<<