From: Randy Russ [mailto:rruss(--nospam--at)eatel.net]
Sent: Thursday, September 02, 1999 6:06 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Threshhold For Structural Engineering

The Louisiana Board is drafting policy to define minimum threshholds of
construction before an engineer's seal is required. I was asked about what
should be a minimum threshhold for structural engineering.

What are other states doing? What is the minimum threshhold before a
structural engineer gets involved? Is it based on type of construction,
span, etc.?

I appreciate your input.

Randy Russ, P.E.
Russ Engineering