Minimum Temperature Reinforcement

Dear Fellows:

We have been working developing a small house for poor people. This one is
made out of four inch reinforced concrete walls. We have been able to prove
that a 1400 psi concrete is enough for the expected lateral forces and also
for dead and live load. We have used the minimum specified steel
reinforcement for temperature and tested a natural scale module in a
laboratory. We have found that it resists 8 times the expected lateral
force. Now since we made the cement contents as low as we could, now we
want (if possible) to put less steel reinforcement. Now I'd like to ask:

1.- Temperatures between summer and winter have a 25 Celsius degrees, which
is not a lot. How is this minimum steel reinforcement determined ?
2.- In your opinion, for cracking control, would it be bad to use less steel?
3.- We are planning to use welded wire reinforcement. If we specify small
distance between wires, would it be possible to use less amount of steel ?

Thanks for your help.

Walter E. Sheen
Civil Engineer
Paseo de la Republica 6403. Lima 04