RE: Minimum Temperature Reinforcement

Dear Joseph :

Thanks for your questions. First your are right, houses are intended to be
built by the owners with very little technical supervision. The specimen
built in the laboratory was made considering this and no control was taken
on the details. By the way, it is a 4 inch wall with only one welded wire
reinforcement in the middle so it's very difficult to get it wrong. And
about the concrete, we told the people building the lab specimen to use as
much water as they felt comfortable. Results gave a 1400 psi concrete which
supported 8 times the expected lateral load. The design controled mix with
required water gave2500 psi and some tests more.
I know it is very difficult for you to understand why we are trying to skip
the codes and do something really CHEAP, but we have also checked the
reliability of the structure and it's beyond the beta indexes expected, so
this means we are really making them a favor, because they are going to
change cartboard houses for concrete houses, and by the way, this people
make around $ 1,700 A YEAR, so they need something NICE, CHEAP and GOOD,
being cheap the most important.

Thanks for your comments,