Re: Minimum Temperature Reinforcement

I understand your concern, you might be thinking about durability because
of the little amount of cement. We tested not only panels but the full
scale house. The lab equipment was only able to push with a 50 Ton (110
Kip) Force, which is 8 times the expected latera force for it. The house
didn't fail, but the displacement sensors marked displacement with no force
increment, and there was a little crack in the base of the house. Since
panels didn't crack either and had a shear failure in their base, we think
the same happened with the house, but if you see pictures before and after
the test  you wouldn't believe we tested it.
We have a full scale house built (6 months) old and we are checking on it.
I have to admit we don't know about durability but until now it seems OK.

Now, the problem of using judgement is that you need a starting point, and
that is what I'm looking for rigth now. How did the people who stated the
minimum reinforcements did ?

Thanks for your input

At 04:29 PM 03/09/1999 EDT, you wrote:
>If you do not have to follow the Code, use your judgment.
>
>Also, was your test panel exposed to environment prior to the testing?

Walter E. Sheen
Civil Engineer
Paseo de la Republica 6403. Lima 04
(511) 446-6237 (511) 446-9407