Re: Software

Javier Encinas,
Yes, I use IES software for both analysis and design.  I judge it to be
tremendously user-friendly for modeling, especially steel frames.  My
experience with other design/analysis software left me feeling I didn't quite
have a handled on what was going on.  With VA, I feel in control for the most
part.  Trouble is, you're the only other person that I know of that uses it.
I talked with Terry Kubat at IES about starting a discussion forum on the
internet, just so I didn't have to call him every time I get stuck.  Don't
think he's done anything on it yet.
John P. Riley, SE
Riley Engineering
Blue Grass, Iowa