Re: calculation pad

Joseph:

I've received a demo disk for the program and am favorably impressed.
Apparently they've been able to include a module that allows you to
hand-write calculations - a la Mathcad, in Word.

About 10 years ago we wrote a similar program in DOS and a modified Lotus.
One of the features of that program was to be able to go back to old
calculation pages, knowing the job number and page number and bringing that
into the current set of calculations.  Tedds also has a similar feature.

I don't know if there a sketching utility, but just lately the Listserv
provided enough information for using a  utility to bring Autocad sketches
(changing black background to white and white lines to black) into Word or
Excel.

Tedd's has a number of data bases.  Our original program had all of their
data bases plus building material weights, bulk weights and fasteners (i.e.
Simpson, Harlen etc.).  Also old program had all of the Arbed shapes as
well as AISC shapes.

Basically, from what I can see at this point, Tedd's was my dream hand calc
program - I was just ten years to early for the technology at that time.

I haven't bought the program, just still considering how much more software
I'm going to purchase at this time in my life.

Neil Moore, S.E.