Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: Snow Loads[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: Snow Loads
- From: "Paul Meyer" <PMeyer(--nospam--at)HASimons.com>
- Date: Wed, 8 Sep 1999 16:33:29 -0700
Title: RE: Snow Loads
Not surprisingly, we know a thing or two about snow in Canada.
A good reference is the "Structural Commentaries on the National Building Code of Canada 1995."
Try http://www.nrc.ca and look for the English publications.
From: Barry H. Welliver [mailto:wellive(--nospam--at)ibm.net]
Sent: Wednesday, September 08, 1999 15:49
Subject: Snow Loads
What are some references for obtaining background information on the
following topics related to UBC requirements for snow loading:
1. Exposure factors Ce from Table A-16-A. Specifically, what are the
definitions for densely forested or sheltered areas.
2. Roof slope reduction factors. Also, are there shapes and/or
surfaces which would qualify for some measure of snow load reduction?
I am familiar with drift load code requirements from work published in
the ASCE Structural Journal in the 80's but am curious if there are any
further developments or design information.
Anyone know of any text devoted to structural design for snow loads and
- Prev by Subject: Snow Loads
- Next by Subject: RE: Snow Loads
- Previous by thread: Snow Loads
- Next by thread: RE: Snow Loads