Bond Beam Block System vs. Formed & Poured Tie Beam System

I am looking for all opinions on this issue.  My assumption was that a tie
beam system would be required to provide stiffness due to the lack of
diaphragms at the intermediate floors (for this reason, the bond beam system
was not considered during design, but is now an issue for construction).
Any comments on relative stiffness, diaphragm requirements, design
procedures and assumptions would be appreciated.

Some project criteria:
Wind load = 50 psf
Three-story high self-supporting stair and elevator tower
Elevator shaft: 13'x13'  Stair shaft: 13'x23'
8" CMU on mat foundation

Thanks in advance.
William J. Keil, P.E.