Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Long term effect of concrete esposed fual oil[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Long term effect of concrete esposed fual oil
- From: ±è¾ç¼ö <kimslove(--nospam--at)ns.kopec.co.kr>
- Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 14:00:24 +0900
Dear all Fuel oil which overflowed from Diesel Generator was leaked through concrete crack and construction joint of slab during maintenance or operation of power plant. ( I thought that the reason of slab concrete crack is shrinkage or heat of hydration. ) The Fuel Oil chemical component are as follows;( Unit = Weight, percent ) 1. Sulfur =0.05 ~ 1.0 2. Hydration =11.8 ~ 13.9 3. Carbon =86.1 ~ 88.2 4. Nitrogen =0 ~ 0.1 5. Etc = Oxygen, Ash We used Type 5 cement and mixed W/C=0.45. According to ACI 318-95 TABLE 4.3.1, the sulfur range of the subject fuel oil is Severe condition and should be use the Type 5 cement. Because we used Type 5 cement, the fuel oil will not detrimental to concrete, I thought. But I am not sure and don't have any reference data, book or paper for long term effect of fuel oil to concrete and reinforcement. Anybody know about long term effect fuel oil or any reference book or paper ? Thanks advance.
- Prev by Subject: Re: Long Span Bridge - Any Thoughts Out There in SEAINT World
- Next by Subject: Re: Long term effect of concrete esposed fual oil
- Previous by thread: Re: CORROSION OF JOIST HANGERS AND ROOF HARDWARE
- Next by thread: Re: Long term effect of concrete esposed fual oil