Re: calculation pad (turkey eq and cal code)

Mark Swingle,

    <<  Be aware that simply specifiying a code is insufficient toward
the goal of ending up with quality construction.

Mark, true, but it beats Hell out of NOT specifying a comprehensive code.  The investors involved are building five to eight story condominiums of steel framed construction.  Concrete construction of this type seems to have fared rather poorly in the last quake.  Limestone, as a component of concrete, is plentiful in Turkey and accounts for much of the constuction of this type.  Our geologist tells me that the the entire area is built on limestone soils.

The investors have specified rigid shop and field inspections along with extensive plan review by insurance companies and local code officials.  The best designs in the world are worthless if the designs are compromised at any point including the job site.

Jimmy  C.......(hisself)