Looking for Definition of Long Span Bridge

I am currently in the midst of a philosophical debate with a fellow engineer
on the definition of what a constitutes a "long span" bridge.  We both have
some differences in interpretation and cannot find an AASHTO definition
thereof.  I have also search a couple of definitive references (by
Xanthakos) with no luck.  Anybody out there who can point me to a source
(AASHTO reference, Classical Text Book, etc.) that defines this term ?  Or
if you can E-Mail or fax me (937-461-0743) a copy of the definition that
would be tremendous.

Thanks in advance.