Re: Section 1633.2.6 & 1612.4

Mark,

I want to thank you for replying to my query about Section 1633.2.6. I was
beginning to think my questions were not relevant to this list server.
I would like to discuss some of the items in your answer.

Item #1-I tend to agree with you about adding back in the 1.4 factor before
reducing by 1.7 although it is confusing.
Item #3-I agree about the rho factor but , as in Item #1, its gets very
confusing to have to reduce by factors on one level and than add them back in
on other levels. It seems there should be a separate code procedure for
Allowable Stress Design instead of mixing it up with the Strength Design
procedures.
Item #4-I checked the 1991 NDS section 3.6.3-"Strength in Compression
Parallel to Grain " and I did not fine where the load duration factor does
not apply. On the contrary, the last sentence in that section states "In
addition, fc based on net section area shall not exceed the tabulated
compression design value parallel to grain multiplied by all applicable
adjustment factors except the column stability factor, fc <= Fsubc * CsubD *
CsubM * Csubt * CsubF.
Thanks again for your answer to my question.
ECVAL3