Re: Completly shearing a building (also answer to perforated shearwalls)

Dennis,

I have been trying to just lurk here in the background but can not.  Does it
really matter?  Do you really believe that the addiion of shear at the areas
that were not included in your design will reduce the strength of your
building?  How many buildings have been built with no engineering throuhgout
this country with out and engineer and they are performing more than
adequately?  I think sometimes we as engineers over estimate our importance.

Just my thoughts.

Brian Dunagan, P.E.

P.S. Where are the bodies?