RE: Federal building code future

Along the lines of a Federal Building Code, can anyone please clarify the
role of such national standards as ANSI?  The UBC does adopt some of the
ANSI standards, but how are the remainder of the ANSI standards imposed upon
the industry and ourselves (or are they)? Are they adopted by OSHA and
therefore imposed on us?  Any insight is appreciated.

Dan.
-------
Daniel J. Huntington
Structural Engineer
KJWW Engineering
623 26th Avenue
Rock Island, IL 61201
PH: (309) 788-0673
Fax: (309) 786-5967
e-mail: huntingtondj(--nospam--at)kjww.com