EOR in California

Perhaps one of you have had this situation:  A building is under
construction in California.  During the course of construction the EOR has
become unresponsive to the owner.  We had been asked and have provided a
field fix for a particular element of the structure.  Now the Building
Official is asking that we assume the position of EOR for the project.  We
are aware of 1997 UBC section 106.3.4.1  (1998 CBC.)  We were wondering if
there is anything in the Professional Engineer Act, Business & Professions
Code or any where else that one of you may know of that relates to this
issue.  Thank you in advance, George Richards.