Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: 1/3 Increase for Wind[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: 1/3 Increase for Wind
- From: carter(--nospam--at)aiscmail.com
- Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 15:27:07 -0500
"The Mysterious 1/3 Stress Increase" by Duane Ellifritt appeared in the 4th Qtr 1977 AISC Engineering Journal. Call Emma Cooley at AISC to get a copy. 312/670-2400 Charlie -----Original Message----- From: PEC - Lake City [mailto:pec(--nospam--at)isgroup.net] Sent: Tuesday, September 14, 1999 3:24 PM To: Seaint Subject: 1/3 Increase for Wind I vaguely remember seeing some time ago a reference to a article entitled something like "The Mythical 1/3 Increase". I believe it questions the validity of allowing a 1/3 increase for wind and possibly other loadings. Can anyone provide the correct title and offer any suggestions on where I might be able to get a copy of the article? David Finley, P.E.
- Prev by Subject: 1/3 Increase for Wind
- Next by Subject: 1633.2.5
- Previous by thread: 1/3 Increase for Wind
- Next by thread: Re: Completly shearing a building (also