Re: Completly shearing a building (also answer toperforatedshea

>The code has become so complicated even for simple
>wood framed structures.  I could go on.  Is there an answer?
Everyone knows what the answer is--site inspection. And we'll get site
inspection when insurors jack up premiums on all construction that
doesn't undergo it. Sort of makes me wonder what would happen if E&O
carriers refused to cover engineering problems in buildings that aren't
inspected. Someone would be sure to get hosed, but the cost of coverage
might go down.

http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw