Steel Joists Girder Frames

Just received a notice from the steel joist institute advertising their
Technical Digest #11 - Design of Joist-Girder Frames.  Also included is a
list of their technical publications.  This brings up two questions to me:

1) Can joist girder moment frames be used in a seismic zone?  Code special
seismic detailing requirements are most easily applied to wide flange beam
to wide flange column applications.  Have cyclic loading tests been done for
these type of frames?

2) We have long used the SJI procedure and programs for floor vibration.  We
have been unsuccesful in finding reference material for design of steel
joists for vibrating load due to mechanical equipment.  Roof top HVAC
equipment is the most common application.  Are there references for this
type of design?

Dave Morris P.E.
Corvallis, OR