From: Jeff Smith [mailto:smthengr(--nospam--at)sirius.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 16, 1999 11:41
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: retaining snow loads

Can anyone tell me how to apply lateral loads due to snow. For example, if
you have 10 feet of snow against walls and or windows, what forces (if any?)
should the wall framing and for that matter window glazing be designed for?
I have never actually seen snow build up against glass since the temperature
difference usually keeps the snow off the glass.

Thanks,
Jeff