Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Pole Embedment Formula[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Pole Embedment Formula
- From: SDGSE(--nospam--at)AOL.COM
- Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 21:02:51 EDT
Would it be appropriate to use the restrained embedded pole formula rather than the unrestrained one for the embedment design of a drilled concrete pile in bedrock. The soil engineer has specified the point of fixity into the bedrock, and I was wondering, if the pile is assumed fixed at that point wouldn't the restrained condition apply? Since, I assume, the pole embedment formula was probably based on embedment into soil rather than bedrock. I always used the unrestrained condition in my designs, but this time I have quite a bit of embedment, so trying to reduce the embedment any way I can. Any thoughts? Thanks Oshin Tosounian, S.E.
- Prev by Subject: Re: Plywood use reply (Rigidity and Stiffness).
- Next by Subject: Re: Pole Embedment Formula
- Previous by thread: Re: Conventional Lumber Diaphragms
- Next by thread: Re: Pole Embedment Formula