Pole Embedment Formula

Would it be appropriate to use the restrained embedded pole formula rather
than the unrestrained one for the embedment design of a drilled concrete pile
in bedrock.

The soil engineer has specified the point of fixity into the bedrock, and I
was wondering, if the pile is assumed fixed at that point wouldn't the
restrained condition apply? Since, I assume, the pole embedment formula was
probably based on embedment into soil rather than bedrock. I always used the
unrestrained condition in my designs, but this time I have quite a bit of
embedment, so trying to reduce the embedment any way I can.

Any thoughts?
Thanks

Oshin Tosounian, S.E.